POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : povgolf (642 kbbu) : Re: povgolf (642 kbbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povgolf (642 kbbu)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 30 May 2000 07:24:56
Message: <3933A3FD.894E51D0@my-dejanews.com>
BUT WAIT!
You specify ONLY an INITIAL vector! Kind of like an initial velocity. The ball is then
affected by gravity and bounces & rolls off the surface.  Note  the rolling hills:
there is
no straight line possible.  Then, if /when you miss the hole, you get to specify a new
initial velocity.

In Putt-putt, you would be cheating if you specified the entire trajectory, if you
kept the
club touching the ball the whole time from tee to hole!

I spent a lot of time on this over the weekend. After I implemented Jan's suggestions,
found that the algorithm did not correctly handle a ball that had rolled to a stop.
Bouncing worked perfect, but a stationary ball kept falling through the surface.
Rendering
my nth fix as we speak...