POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MacMegaPov Pict File : Re: MacMegaPov Pict File Server Time
2 Sep 2024 04:15:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MacMegaPov Pict File
From: Josh English
Date: 29 May 2000 11:47:29
Message: <39329135.390964E@spiritone.com>
So far it has happened to every scene I've rendered. I was lucky with some
scenes and it didn't happen the first time, but eventually it did happen on
every file.

Come to think of it, is' only happening on an 8500 Power PC. I have a G4
that I've been working with and it didn't happen. I haven't tried it on the
iMac G3 I have at home, becasue I haven't been home for more than five
minutesin the past two weeks.

This machine might be having other problems. I know that other file formats
arent' giving me grief and if I delete the pic file, I can render without
difficulty. '
The error happens right after the "creating vista buffer." line in the
message window.
I'm running low on hard drive space (less than 20 megs) and It seems
POV-Rayneeds a lot of memory. Should it really be 65000 K? The mac I have to
work with only has 32 built in.... this might be part of the problem.

Josh

--
Josh English
eng### [at] spiritonecom