POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crown of diamond (50KB) : Re: Crown of diamond (50KB) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:27:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crown of diamond (50KB)
From: Sigmund Kyrre Aas
Date: 29 May 2000 07:05:15
Message: <39324EF6.DF6CC853@kyrre.net>

> Uhm, I'm not sure if I should tell you this, but my PIII 650 Mhz took 24
> minutes to render ed this image...

what causing the hole. I guess it should have a flat tip since Tor Olav
obviously has done good research on this.

The dispersed light has a strange dirty look. Not sure I can see photons
either.. I guess an ior of 2.4 spreads light a lot so you may want to place
the diamonds closer to the floor.

Just noticed: this scene uses fade_power 1000; that is to turn on a new
attenuation formula in MegaPov. Official Pov should use sub 2 fade_power.

I'm surprised of the speed. I made a triangle mesh for my diamond because I
thought csg would be slow.

sig
--
ICQ 74734588