POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crown of diamond (50KB) : Re: Crown of diamond (50KB) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crown of diamond (50KB)
From: Sigmund Kyrre Aas
Date: 29 May 2000 07:05:12
Message: <39324EAC.5A5ECB87@kyrre.net>
Steve wrote:

> I've started to render this, but can't get any photon effects.
>
> If someone could alter the code and add the photons and repost
> the code in p.b.sf or p.t.sf I'd be glad to render it.

Try scale 3 on the diamond. Photons seems to dislike small objects.

In addition I have this:
global_settings {
    photons { count 10000 autostop 0 max_trace_level 50}
    max_trace_level 55
}

Variable reflection looks good, but is much slower than regular reflection.
I've also abandoned dispersion and attenuation. i.e. not much fun left :/

sig
--
ICQ 74734588