POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pre-POV 3.5 Candle lit scene [~48KB Jpg] : Re: Pre-POV 3.5 Candle lit scene [~48KB Jpg] Server Time
2 Oct 2024 12:23:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pre-POV 3.5 Candle lit scene [~48KB Jpg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 29 May 2000 01:57:30
Message: <393206ca@news.povray.org>
"Steve" <sjl### [at] ndirectcouk> wrote in message
news:slr### [at] zero-ppslocaldomain...
| Hmmm.  Beautiful, the colouring of the candle flames is great,
| but seems to get a bit flattened as reflected by the mirror.
|
| The moon is very good.  I always like seeing your work.
|
| What's that black thing on the table?

I was just about to reply to your other reply  ;-)
That "thing" is just that, a thing of unknown meaning etc.  It was actually the first
thing I did in this scene, using a image and bump map for the spiral (can't really
tell,
I know...) on the top of it.  Unfortunately I keep thinking it's a ladies compact (?)
for makeup application and all because of the mirror there.  Well, it's not.  Nothing
inside :-)
Glad you like it and anything else I might have done.
To answer about the leaning candle from your other posted reply well it's perspective
camera with angle of 50 (around 67 tends to be about like direction 1 old style
syntax).
I often use 30 to 25 or even less to keep circles and lines from distorting.  Reason I
don't sometimes is because people always seem to like the wide angle perspective
camera.
It's another one of those personal preferences that exists bountifully in this medium
of
3D rendering we do.
I had to go back and look again to see about the flat flame.  Seems so like you say.
However it must be the turbulence of the media used, since the mirror is perfectly,
er,
flat.
Now you have me wondering if the angle of the mirror would make things flatter or not
:-)  Doubtful.

Bob