POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Assumed Gamma : Re: Assumed Gamma Server Time
5 Sep 2024 16:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Assumed Gamma
From: The "D"
Date: 29 May 2000 01:13:24
Message: <3931fc74@news.povray.org>
Bob Hughes <per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote in message
> A change in image file.  Just don't know exactly how it works, except
> that a darker or brighter render is still going to be darker or
brighter
> on other monitors too.

Blah, that's what I was afriad of. My monitor is old and dying (very
slowly and painfully might I add) and as such is very dark (gamma 1.85
or so it what I've currently got close to accurate). Is there a way to
render an image and only have the display it gives me (the render window
in the win32 build of pov) and not the actual image file (it's a web
logo)

--
-The Developer
    "Hope is the last to die.......unlike the ICQ flower