POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fantasy Map again (92,4 kbbu) : Re: Fantasy Map again (92,4 kbbu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:25:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fantasy Map again (92,4 kbbu)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 28 May 2000 08:04:36
Message: <39310b54@news.povray.org>
Steve schrieb  ...
>Great atmosphere, and some nice modelling work.

Many thanks!

> Maybe
>the gama is set a bit too bright, I get a grey flat space
>on the bricks in front of the candel... No now that I've
>brightened it a bit I see it's a map on the ground, so
>brighten it a bit but take the ambient out of the dark
>green part of the map if there is any, it seems to
>jump out/stand up out of the scene.

Bricks, he? I don't understand this gamma problem. Rick[Kitty5] just said
the same about my last posted picture. So I threw some 7% more light in the
scene. Is it possible that Jpeg saves gamma info? Does another common
format?

I tried rendering the "brilliant.pov"-scene of Sigmund Kyrre Aas and it came
out much darker than the posted version of him - hm, what does that mean?
Does it mean anything? It remained darker after I gamma-corrected it in
Picture Publisher.

And why is it okay for some and to dark for others?

Confused,

Marc-Hendrik