POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Odd result with MegaPov 0.5 : Re: Odd result with MegaPov 0.5 Server Time
2 Sep 2024 04:14:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Odd result with MegaPov 0.5
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 28 May 2000 09:10:49
Message: <39310CE8.7A2B9B79@peak.edu.ee>
Darcy Johnston wrote:

> I'm developing a scene using Jaimes Vives' non-media clouds include file.
> Oddly enough, when I use MegaPov 0.5 and use the line
> #version unofficial MegaPov 0.5;
> the clouds disappear. If I change the 0.5 back to 0.4 but still use the same
> binary, the clouds reappear.
> Has anyone else had similar problems? Is this just a side effect from a new
> feature, or is it bug?

I had very similar problems. I think the problem is the fixed noise function
(wrinkles, bozo, bumps, dents, turbulence). It actually works correctly now, but
inevitably breaks some scenes.
Try increasing the dense part of the colour_map or density_map. For example, if
the old colour_map was
{[.1 rgb 1][.3 rgb 0]}
try changing it to
{[.2 rgb 1][.4 rgb 0]}

Worked for me. It will take some tweaking to get back the old look.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee