POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announce: AutoCAD2POV 3.0a : Re: Announce: AutoCAD2POV 3.0a Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:16:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce: AutoCAD2POV 3.0a
From: Philip Bartol
Date: 28 May 2000 00:11:18
Message: <39309c66$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3930812b@news.povray.org>, "cadman" <NOS### [at] graffitinet> wrote:
>added (converts AutoCAD colors).  Win95+, of course, I think AutoCAD only
>runs on Windows.

Yes, they decided to cut everyone else loose to find another solution. I think
someone at AutoDesk has been sleeping with Bill Gates.

I much prefer the attitude that Bentley has with MicroStation. The Kernal of
the program is re-written for each system and all the tools are written kinda
Java style, write one run everywhere (I think you do have to compile the
source for each platform though).

I wish I still had access to AutoCAD, I'd like to give it a look-see. Maybe
I'll see if my friend still has acess and get him to convert some stuff over
for me to check it out.

PHIL