POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pre-POV 3.5 Candle lit scene [~48KB Jpg] : Re: Pre-POV 3.5 Candle lit scene with soft glow PP [~48KB Jpg] Server Time
2 Oct 2024 12:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pre-POV 3.5 Candle lit scene with soft glow PP [~48KB Jpg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 25 May 2000 00:46:23
Message: <392cb01f@news.povray.org>
"Tor Olav Kristensen" <tto### [at] onlineno> wrote in message

| I like the cover of the book. How did you make that ?

That's a ridged multi-fractal, and a pretty lame excuse for one at that.
My first try at it.  Actually there are 2 of them there to make it
fancier.  Same, except the top part is scaled to be thin.

| Nice moon detail. But where is the man ? :)

 Ignore the Moon surface.  It's only a 'spotted' pigment pattern there.

| But I think the mirror frame could need some work.
| (And maybe only one candle showing in the mirror
| would be enough/better.)

Yep, I won't argue over that.  In fact, notice how the mirror is
symbolic of a moon itself and the candles align at the wicks in both
reflection and otherwise?  I over-composed, didn't I?  :-)

Bob