POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wooden head (47kb bu) : Re: Wooden head (47kb bu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 12:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wooden head (47kb bu)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 24 May 2000 18:11:02
Message: <392c5376@news.povray.org>
"David Heys" <sou### [at] gcinet> wrote in message
| You might want to pick up a full spectrum bulb. Typically, they're
used to
| offset S.A.D. (Seasonal Affected Disorder), something that many
Alaskans
| suffer from with the longer winter nights and summer days. They're
more
| expensive than a regular bulb, but could help you with color
definitions. If
| you want to make it last, only turn it on when you want to fine tune
your
| textures.

Thanks but I don't think I'll go that far to see colors right on the
monitor  ;-)
I've looked at this again with the window blinds open in full daylight
and it's definitely less green.  Problem is, there are now lots of
bright green leaves outside shining their reflected light in here.
Just occurred to me, what about camera filters or colored cellophane
placed between a light fixture and monitor screen?  Might be tough to
get a good correction but might work okay.  Well, thinking out loud is
all, could always adjust colors by figuring which way to go with them
under different lighting conditions to cancel out the result I guess.

Bob