POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cloth simulation : SV: Cloth simulation Server Time
2 Oct 2024 12:24:36 EDT (-0400)
  SV: Cloth simulation
From: Sebastian Strand
Date: 24 May 2000 09:24:19
Message: <392bd803$1@news.povray.org>
"Josh English" <eng### [at] spiritonecom> wrote in
> This is amazing for the modeling aspect. I read through his pages, but I
didn't
> catch where to stop the iterations to say "this is where the damn thing
lies."
> How did you determine when the process was done?

The program I wrote shows a top-down view of the cloth, so when the cloth
didn't seem to move much anymore, I just stopped the simulation, and dumped
the triangle data. For the macro I will probably write some code that checks
when the total movement of all the nodes go below a certain(adjustable)
threshold, and then stop the simulation.

Sebastian Strand
  E-mail: thezeb -at- bigfoot -dot- com