POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pre-POV 3.5 Candle lit scene [~48KB Jpg] : Re: Pre-POV 3.5 Candle lit scene [~48KB Jpg] Server Time
2 Oct 2024 12:23:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pre-POV 3.5 Candle lit scene [~48KB Jpg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 24 May 2000 05:11:47
Message: <392b9cd3@news.povray.org>
"Marc-Hendrik Bremer" <Mar### [at] t-onlinede> wrote in message
| Glad you got inspired by my humble attempts!

Yep, it helps, believe me.

| I like your candles. How did you make the flames?

Scaled spherical media method 3 in MegaPov 0.5 using a double media
statement within single interior, that's pretty much it, less the
tweak-tweak-tweak part.

| Where does the shadow on top of the mirror's frame come from? Is it
from the
| Window?

Yes, window pane border.  Which remained in place while I moved the Moon
around instead.  Try that in real life!

| For the dust: Yes, that's a good idea. I threw a little media in my
scene
| and I think it does what I was after, but being of the "fantasy-kind",
I'll
| probably make more dusty scenes :-) I'm just setting up povray to
render my
| scene again in high quality which will probably take about ten hours
(the
| rendering, not the setting up :-)). I'll post the result.

As long as you haven't quit there's always hope. <g>  But you would
really be doing yourself a favor by doing some investigation into
M.P.0.5.  Like Samuel suggested the slope dependant texturing should be
perfect for applying a layer of dust texture over things.  Maybe
Tony[B], among others, has done that.
It can be tricky to understand the workings however.

Bob