POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Brilliant diamond, ~12kb : Re: Brilliant diamond, ~12kb Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:25:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brilliant diamond, ~12kb
From: Sigmund Kyrre Aas
Date: 27 May 2000 12:39:14
Message: <392FF8E6.D0EC1A80@kyrre.net>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
> I really like this diamond image. Nice work !

Thanks!
..
> - Isn't the girdle line a little too thick ?
>   (Difficult to see.)

Actually the girdle doesn't have any thickness. The facets just meet there.
I'm not all that sure how it should look; I just looked up brilliant in my
Webster's Encyclopedic Dictionary and found a stamp-size drawing there.

> - And maybe you should also make the culet a little
>   bigger.

Uh, culet? Not sure what that is, but you can change all the geometric
properties in the scene file. Have a look and render something you like :)

Note: the facets which consist of two triangles have a slight accuracy
problem (sin^2). I guess it could be more accurate if I used used vectors to
get equal normals on the two triangles. I just didn't put more into it since
I was planning on making a bunch of small ones in a heap.

--
ICQ 74734588