POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Light inside : Re: Light inside Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:29:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Light inside
From: Robert Günther
Date: 27 May 2000 09:46:14
Message: <392FD1DA.1B9BF1AA@exmail.de>
Jamie Davison schrieb:

> > Hi there,
> > i have a little problem with spatch-created objects and povray (moray).
> > I have created a  body with spatch with a window. Now i want to set a
> > lightsource inside the body, so that the light will shine through the
> > window. Unfortunately, the whole body glows, like it is opaque (what it
> > isn't!).
> >
> > Can anybody help me, what i'm doing wrong?
>
> I can't quite figure out what the problem is.  Any chance of you posting
> the file to moray.binaries, or a slightly clearer description of the
> problem?
>
> Did you make the window by just removing a patch (or not making it in the
> first place)?
>
> Maybe an image posted to povray.binaries.images would help me figure out
> what the problem is.  Or maybe I'm just being slow today (not entirely
> unlikely :)
>
> Bye for now,
>      Jamie.

Sorry for posting it twice, had a little problem with my provider. Yes, i did
made a window by just removing a patch. What i want, is a body, where the
light shines only through the window from inside. So, when there is no any
further lightsource outside the body, it has to be dark (now glowing of the
body),  so that the light shines only through the removed patch.

best wishes,

Bob