POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : ANNOUCEMENT: pov-mode v2.0 is available : Re: ANNOUCEMENT: pov-mode v2.0 is available Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:30:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUCEMENT: pov-mode v2.0 is available
From: woormie
Date: 27 May 2000 06:38:19
Message: <392FA59A.1B9E5F81@acc.umu.se>
Warp wrote:

>   When I try to use it I get this error in GNU Emacs 20.6.1:
>
> File mode specification error: (void-variable running-xemacs)
>
>   What could be the problem?

ok, the problem seems to be the check for which viewer to use as
default, I do reccomend the
use of external as that will work in both Xemacs and FSF-emacs. So the
quick and dirty fix was
to comment the offending lines, and setting a hard default.

An updated version is available on www.acc.umu.se/~woormie/povray

/Peter