POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cloudscape: first take (66K) : Re: Cloudscape: first take (66K) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:27:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloudscape: first take (66K)
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 26 May 2000 12:32:49
Message: <392E9946.E987BB2F@peak.edu.ee>
Thanks for the comments; thought I'd reply summarily.

The ground will indeed have crystal formations (I will merge the cloudscape with
the 'Violet Dawn' scene posted here some time ago).

The lines across the sky are supposed to be rings around the planet (I hope
that's what it would look like, haven't really seen one :)

The clouds and atmosphere are media, the cyan part is ground fog. There are
three cloud layers, but only the low cumulus layer is scattering media, the rest
is absorbing & emitting. That's why I'm a bit surprised at the render time.

A few stars might be a good idea, perhaps a moon too, but overall I don't want
to make the image too crowded - it's basically a desert landscape.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee