POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pre-POV 3.5 Candle lit scene [~48KB Jpg] : Re: Pre-POV 3.5 Candle lit scene [~48KB Jpg] Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:24:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pre-POV 3.5 Candle lit scene [~48KB Jpg]
From: SamuelT
Date: 24 May 2000 01:19:43
Message: <392B66F1.B387A2B0@aol.com>
Very nice on the eyes, Bob. I like the translucent appearance of the
candles, how did you manage it? I thought gradient y at first, but am not so
sure. Media?

Those little objects on the table are neat. Are those photon-mapped caustics
from the glass objects?

About the dust idea: what about using 'trace' to place a bunch of particles
on the tops of things. Or a less memory-intensive way would be to use the
slope pigment. Both of these ways would require MegaPov, though.

--
Samuel Benge

E-Mail: STB### [at] aolcom

Visit my isosurface tutorial at http://members.aol.com/stbenge