POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Unluckiest Man On Earth Awards 2000 (~55kau) : Re: More Unluckiness Server Time
2 Oct 2024 08:16:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More Unluckiness
From: Ian Burgmyer
Date: 22 May 2000 22:39:24
Message: <3929ef5c@news.povray.org>
"David Fontaine" <dav### [at] faricynet> wrote in message
> David Fontaine wrote:
>
> > I was over at a friend's house and we were trying to record a prank
> > phone call, but he doesn't have any real equipment so he cut open an old
> > phone cord and hotwired it to a stereo jack. Then his DSL stopped
> > working...
>
> Nope, turns out he forgot to remove the filter before pluggin the modem
back
> in. Idiocy I tell ya.

Hahaha!  Did the connection work as expected (I mean the phone to stereo
one)?

Oh, BTW, I just bought myself a nice new 56K modem (w00p).  Man, I never
realized how slow things can be on a cheap 28.8.  (however, the more
expensive ones, like the one on my old 486, are very nice and can get you
some pretty damn good download rates).

--
This message brought to you by:
-=< Ian (the### [at] hotmailcom >=-