POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First Post - Fantasy Map (Feder.jpg 57.5 kbu) : Re: First Post - Fantasy Map (Feder.jpg 57.5 kbu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 14:14:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First Post - Fantasy Map (Feder.jpg 57.5 kbu)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 22 May 2000 18:11:26
Message: <3929b08e@news.povray.org>
Jerome schrieb in Nachricht <39292C63.AC3565B2@iname.com>...
> Answer: don't use atmospheric media! Make a big hollow
>object that encloses your whole scene and put some object
>media in it.

Okay ... but why? I tried it and the effect was differend but not much
better - now everthink was totaly covered by grainy goldish spots. Should
have been much smoother und "lighter" to do the job.

> Are you using MegaPov?

No, Official Pov 3.1g. Maybe you are right and I'll want to try it but for
the time being I don't want to become confused by too many new features -
there are so many in the official version I don't even know of! But perhaps
it's the wrong way and MegaPov makes "life" so much easier?

> I'd say add another light_source situtated at the same
>place as the camera and with the shadowless keyword...

Did it ... and it lights up things as it should.

I'll keep trying ...

Thank you,

Marc-Hendrik