POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First Post - Fantasy Map (Feder.jpg 57.5 kbu) : Re: First Post - Fantasy Map (Feder.jpg 57.5 kbu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 08:19:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First Post - Fantasy Map (Feder.jpg 57.5 kbu)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 22 May 2000 18:11:25
Message: <3929b08d@news.povray.org>
First of all: Thanks a lot!!

Sorry, that I did not mention that I use Official POV 3.1g.
I will have to try most of the global_settings tomorrow or so. By now I used
the gradient texture map for the candle (much better) and set ambient_light
0 (which looks also better).

I tried the hollow sphere around the camera - the result was at least
impressive. Looked like a grainy photograph or something like that. But it
is not the effect I'm after ... perhaps there is simply to much yellow light
in the scene, but all medias I tried (Box over the hole scene, sphere around
the cam) game out with to much gold all over the scene. Anyway, i'll work on
it. If the result gets much better, I'll post it again.

Ciao,

Marc-Hendrik