POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : important feature request : Re: important feature request Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:32:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: important feature request
From: ryan constantine
Date: 22 May 2000 18:48:59
Message: <3929BA2C.AD6240DA@yahoo.com>
on a similar note, it would be cool if a 'merged' object were treated as
a udo.  for example, separate include file, but good wireframe to work
with in the modeler.  the main reason is that when i combine my model
parts into the big model i am working on, a new file which contains all
objects is created, which essentially doubles the amount of hard drive
space the model uses.  this could likewise be incorporated into the xref
ability as well.  an alternative would be to add 'export as udo' to the
file list.

today is my last day of finals for the semester.  i should be able to
finish my xwing model in the next week or two, and then i will be
brushing up on my c++ so that i can write that texture converter.  wish
me luck.  i'll keep you posted.