POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First Post - Fantasy Map (Feder.jpg 57.5 kbu) : Re: First Post - Fantasy Map (Feder.jpg 57.5 kbu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 08:15:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First Post - Fantasy Map (Feder.jpg 57.5 kbu)
From: Jerome
Date: 22 May 2000 08:47:32
Message: <39292C63.AC3565B2@iname.com>
Marc-Hendrik Bremer wrote:
> This will slow down rendering speed by far, won't it? A simple
> "media{scattering{1,0.25}}" left me with all goldish spotted objects. More
> intervals, confidence ...? Or might it be that there is a
> "inside-outside"-problem in the scene (The background remains totally black
> ...). Any tutorials out there for atmospheric-media?

	Answer: don't use atmospheric media! Make a big hollow
object that encloses your whole scene and put some object
media in it.

	Are you using MegaPov? If so you'll want to put the
following in your media definition:
intervals 1
samples 5, 5
method 3
	If not, you'll want to try it :))
http://www.nathan.kopp.com/patched.html

> >also, try an ambient of 0, and another light source.
>
> Hey, that is good! I didn't like the metal-finishes, but did not know what
> to do against it. There are two light-sources in the scene: An Area_light
> (x, y, 3, 3) in the candle-flame and a Point-light far away and
> quite dim (Yellow/10). I'll make the later a little bit brighter to
> compensate the loss of ambient-light. Or should I add another light source?

	I'd say add another light_source situtated at the same
place as the camera and with the shadowless keyword...

		Jerome
--

* Doctor Jekyll had something * mailto:ber### [at] inamecom
* to Hyde...                  * http://www.enst.fr/~jberger