POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Haunted : House - Close-up (133KB) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 08:15:10 EDT (-0400)
  House - Close-up (133KB)
From: David Heys
Date: 21 May 2000 21:03:02
Message: <39288746@news.povray.org>
Thought I'd group responses all into one message:

Sleepy Hollow? Cool. That's one I haven't rented yet. :{)

There's actually a lot of variation in the wood patterns and the board
placements on the roof. I think the camera angle, lighting and distance are
all contributing to the smooth effect of the roof. In future incarnations I
may go for a shingled roof instead.

The trees are actually Splinetrees. Fairly simple variants. I just played
around with the settings until I got what I liked.

I may replace the gate altogether, and go for something that fits in better
with the fencing.

I'm very happy with the media (ground fog). The ground sucks, and I know it.
I haven't come up with a ground yet that works well in the scene without
interfering overmuch with any of the other elements.

The image is a bit bright, I know. But I really wanted the details to show
up on the house. Also, I'm trying to set the scene on a moonlit night, at
the tail end of sunset.

One of the things that still bothers me is the brightness of the light
escaping past the curtains in the house. Trying to get the right balance of
apparent brightness in the media, and the brightness of the curtains is
driving me a little mad. :{P

Attached is a close-up image of the house itself.

David

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'house.jpg' (134 KB)