POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : ANNOUNCE: New primitive : Re: ANNOUNCE: New primitive Server Time
2 Sep 2024 04:12:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUNCE: New primitive
From: Dejan D  M  Milosavljevic
Date: 21 May 2000 20:21:00
Message: <39287d6c@news.povray.org>
Glen Berry <7no### [at] ezwvcom> wrote in message
> On Sun, 21 May 2000 00:06:30 -0400, Serge LAROCQUE
> <sgl### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>
> >I went to see it, there's a new primitive called 'vacuum', meant to be
> >used by developers for speed tests.
> >
> >It also indicates it is of no interest to users. So nothing to worry
> >about :-)
>
> I probably should have phrased my original post better. I *did*
> finally see the page, but it took several attempts before the page
> managed to load. I just wanted to make that known to the author, for
> whatever it was worth.
>
> Secondly, even after viewing the page, I was left with many questions.
> I wondered if the author would mind elaborating on the use of his

Yes

> patch. (And yes, I know this patch is not intended to be useful for
> most end-users of POV-Ray.)

It will be interesting to see tests with raytrace accelerators.
I mean: BF( brute force ) vs. BSP vs. OCTTREE vs. ABVH vs.USP( uniform space
partition) etc.

I'll try to make new object, invisible for users,
which will manage with them ( objects ) using above named or other else
acceleration.

--
      dmi### [at] xoommailcom