POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Droid w/ Scooter. : Re: Droid w/ Scooter. Server Time
2 Oct 2024 08:16:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Droid w/ Scooter.
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 21 May 2000 19:31:19
Message: <392870CD.B59C3B28@hotmail.com>
Moon47 wrote:

> Thank you i personally envy your mathematical looking images... I have a
> good grasp on math but when it comes to implementing it to a 3D image i am
> lost...
> BTW, How did you make the back ground in your previous Torus Clutter image ?

I'll post the code for that as soon as I get to my PC at work.

> I would love to use something like that in my final render with all the
> droids ready to attack in ranks...

Looking forward to see that !

> Yes hand code...
> I don't have much else of a choice, on the Mac there are very few GOOD
> modeler programs... :(

Even if I have a PC, I never use them myself either.
(But I see that in some cases a good modeller program can come in
handy.)

> Imagination helps but so does a grasp of the matrix key word...
> This image was modeled from pictures and a old flier i have of the droids
> from "Episode One" so actually lucas films did all the work jus took the
> time to try it myself... And it was worth it...
> The blue visor was my idea i could not get the eye sockets in the right
> place...

I'll just have to watch that movie once more...

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom
http://www.crosswinds.net/~tok/tokrays.html