POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Media Background : Re: Media Background Server Time
2 Oct 2024 08:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media Background
From: Equiprawn
Date: 19 May 2000 17:30:01
Message: <3925b259$1@news.povray.org>
Hey,

No problem. First, I modeled the basic scene in Moray, using standard Povray
fo rall my test renders, for checking textures and all the rest of it. Then,
when at the end I had the scene they way I wanted it (except for the MegaPov
additions), I do a final export to Pov. Then I close standard Pov, and open
MegaPov. I open up the Pov file that I made with Moray, and then add
whatever bits I wanted to add. Sometimes I also need to open up the .inc
file that Moray creates (it has the same name as the Pov file, except it has
a .inc extension) if I want to change anything about any of the textures.
Usually when I add features, I will have MeagPov's excellent documentation
open ( I see Bob has already replied with where to get both MegaPov and it's
documentation) as a reference as to how to add stuff.

I haven't found any specific tutorials on the web yet on how to implement
MegaPov's features, but if you want to see a good demonstration of the power
of this remarkable patch, have a look at the winning entry this month for
the Internet Ray Tracing competition, www.irtc.org .

Hope this helps,

Equiprawn
http://m3.easyspace.com/equiprawn