POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Megapov 0.5 and heightfield : Re: Megapov 0.5 and heightfield Server Time
2 Sep 2024 04:15:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Megapov 0.5 and heightfield
From: Hans-Detlev Fink
Date: 19 May 2000 04:09:08
Message: <3924F666.F6EF69E5@pecos.nospam.de>
Even more interestingly:

When I _run_ MP0.5 but _set_

  #version unofficial MegaPov 0.4;

in the scene file I really get the same result
as with 0.4 (i.e. the result differing from 0.5
and from official 3.1).

So I guess it was not just forgetting about a bug fix.
Actually, I found the 0.4 behaviour quite reasonable
'cause it saves a lot of work when rescaling objects.
Still, a way to be backwards compatible would be
nice since otherways many textures in old scenes
have to be rescaled manually.

-Hans-