POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Megapov 0.5 and heightfield : Re: Megapov 0.5 and heightfield Server Time
2 Sep 2024 04:19:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Megapov 0.5 and heightfield
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 18 May 2000 12:22:30
Message: <392418c6$1@news.povray.org>
Fabian BRAU <Fab### [at] umhacbe> wrote...
> Ok,
>
> I made an example file from scratch and post it in the group
> you wanted. There is also 2 picture in the images groups.
>
> Fabian.

Fabian,

I rendered your scene with MegaPov 0.4, MegaPov 0.5, and Official POV-Ray
3.1g.  Interestingly, MegaPov 0.4 was the one that was different.
Therefore, the most probable explanation is that MegaPov 0.4 was incorrect
and that someone (either myself or someone else) fixed a bug and forgot
about it.  Does anyone remember any discussion about this?

Again, MegaPov 0.5 produces the same results as the official version for me
when running your test scene.

-Nathan