POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Winmegapov filter bug. : Re: Winmegapov filter bug. Server Time
2 Sep 2024 04:16:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Winmegapov filter bug.
From: Fabien Hénon
Date: 18 May 2000 05:45:54
Message: <3923BB8A.1A830140@club-internet.fr>
I tried transmit instead of filter.....and it works.

I also opened and saved the images ( "p2.gif" and "p256.gif") using both
Gimp and Photoshop 5.0, but I still get the same result.

I made a greyscale image from scratch with Photoshop
:"samira.gif", but I still get the same result ( filter does not work,
transmit does).

I also tried the linux version of MegaPov 0.5 (just in case my
problem was inherent to the platform, you never know), but I
still.......you know the rest.

I enclosed a zip file with the test and images.

I may be doing something wrong but I just don't see what.

Cheers

> > I just downloaded the latest version of MegaPOV and played with
> > image_map filters : The filter on the first indexed color does not work
> > (ie : filter 0,1 does not erase the first color in the color index ).
> > I tried with a GIF and an IFF image.
> >

> > This may be a known bug in MegaPOV but I did not find any list about it.
> >

> I just tested it on my system and it works.  Maybe PSP is re-arranging the
> indices without telling you?  (It's done that to me before.)  Try using
> transmit 0,1 also.
>
> -Nathan

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: