POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rad. not Rad. : Re: Rad. not Rad. Server Time
2 Oct 2024 08:14:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rad. not Rad.
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 18 May 2000 03:18:11
Message: <39239933@news.povray.org>
In article <392220B4.A9F94FD1@earthlink.net> , Moon47 <rdm### [at] earthlinknet>
wrote:

> These two images illustrate the default settings for radiosity in the:
> #1 Official
> #2 My Mega compile w/ Official GUI
> Personally i like the way the official came out and the way it
> calculated extra light in small areas due to more inner reflection i
> guess... ( the lighter blue in the cuts and crevices ) The mega looks
> exactly the same as if i did not use rad. =(

What did you do to turn on radiosity? Did you add a radiosity block to
POV-Ray or did you just use the Render Settings switch?  Only with the
radiosity block in the scene it should turn on, and the switch is useless
with MegaPOV, if I remember it correctly...

     Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde