POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Bug: photons/average : Re: photons/average Server Time
2 Sep 2024 04:13:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: photons/average
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 17 May 2000 20:24:25
Message: <39233839@news.povray.org>
Sigmund Kyrre Aas <as### [at] studntnuno> wrote...
> I'm glad to see the texture_map/photons bug fixed, but the average
"pattern"
> seems to have problems still. It doesn't seem to be related to
translation.

> Here's a scene I made while tracking the texture_map bug. As before,
> changing the texture_map to texture{pigment_map} make caustics show up.

Sig,

I have confirmed this bug and have solved it.  There was an errant statement
that assigned the color black to all photons that hit a surface with an
average texture.  This has been fixed.

I hope to release a bug-fixed MegaPov 0.5a in a few weeks, so you shouldn't
have to wait too long.  Thanks for your help.

-Nathan