POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : media problems : Re: media problems Server Time
2 Sep 2024 04:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: media problems
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 17 May 2000 20:38:41
Message: <39232DBB.4C55665D@peak.edu.ee>
Nathan Kopp wrote:

> It's not the media.  It's the "noise3d" fix.

I suspect there is something funny about media. I am working on a cloudscape and
switching to 0.5 immediately led to all sorts of weirdness. I'm still
researching the matter, but here is one observation: method 3 media tends to
render as black if minimum samples is set to 1. Raising it usually helps, but
I've had to go as high as 20 to eliminate some weird banding. Method 2 media
sometimes acts up too, but overall the behaviour seems kind of chaotic (i.e. I
haven't made the connection yet).
Could it perhaps be connected to the constant media speed enhancement? How does
this work?

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee