POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Ramblings of a Wannabee : Ramblings of a Wannabee Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:26:22 EDT (-0400)
  Ramblings of a Wannabee
From: Dean MacIsaac
Date: 17 May 2000 14:00:26
Message: <3922de3a$1@news.povray.org>
I understand I'm not using a $400 to $10,000 modeling system, but I do think
I'm using the most intuitive inexpensive modelers made.

Here's my dilemma,(sp),  how far can I go.  I'm just starting out, and have
only played with a few of the features, but I've made some amazing progress,
(for me).  I've made a few animations, some even complex, and I'm modeling
polyurethane jounce bumpers based on cad drawings where I work.

My long range is Jurrasic Park.(not literally)

If I modeled a living object, is there a way to design in physics?
Can I make skin that will expand with the muscle model underneath?
Can I make cloth that will have some properties of cloth?

These aren't demands for improvement, these are my thoughts on using this
system as long as possible.
I am also learning C++ maybe these are things I could someday build into a
plugin(s).

I realize I'm going to have to go up to (only based on price and assumed
abilities) 3ds or rhino, or lightwave, maybe even higher than that, but I'd
like to think there was a way to hang on to the Mo / Pov ray team.

If any of this stuff is possible now, please fill me in, if not I'll wait
til some of these brilliant men and women, or maybe even I come up with a
means to accomplish this.

I'd briefly like to thank a few people like Lutz for the whole thing, the
povray team, Ken Tyler for answering some of my Q.'s, H.E. Day for being
brilliant at such a young age, and the many others who have helped, or
inspired.

Dean M.

ps no I'm not dying, I just feel moved to ramble.