POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : important feature request : Re: important feature request Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:15:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: important feature request
From: ryan constantine
Date: 16 May 2000 19:02:54
Message: <3921D42D.B935B89A@yahoo.com>
when you make a model and save the model alone, an xref in a scene file
will check each time you load it to see if the model has been updated.
if it has, it updates the model in the scene as well.  xref stands for
external reference.  this is handy if for example, you make a car, save
it, then include it in a scene and later change the car model itself.  i
have many parts of a model that are saved seperately as models and
combined to form a more complex model.  if i notice a mistake in one of
the parts, not only do i have to change the original part, but i have to
delete the part from the big model and then merge the new updated part
back in.  is that clear or did i just ramble?