POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : sailboat : Re: sailboat Server Time
2 Sep 2024 20:18:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sailboat
From: Wanda Burns
Date: 16 May 2000 10:02:40
Message: <39215500@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the information.  The sailboat does not have to be very detailed.
I am using it to create perspective
in a scene which involves a structure out in the middle of an ocean, in
order to show the size of the
structure.  I am attaching an example.  This is just a beginning to a series
of images to illustrate a story that I
am putting on my website.  Nothing serious, it's just for fun.  Thanks
again....

Peter Popov <pet### [at] usanet> wrote in message
> On Mon, 15 May 2000 14:25:02 -0400, "Wanda Burns"
> <wbu### [at] prnsolutionscom> wrote:
>
> >Greetings,
> >
> >        I am pretty new at POV but am enjoying every moment of learning
this
> >extraordinary program.
> >If anyone has a snippet of code to create a little sailboat, I'd be most
> >appreciative if they could share.
> >Thanks to you all.
>
> Ahoy, Wanda, and welcome aboard!
>
> Maybe a good starter would be the IRTC (www.irtc.org), more precisely
> the "Water" round. I recall seeing a few boats there.
>
> Another good source could be the POV Object Collection. Search the POV
> Links at povray.org as I don't remember the url.
>
> How detailed do you want this little sailboat to be by the way?
>

> Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
> Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet
> TAG      e-mail : pet### [at] tagpovrayorg

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'newt.jpg' (132 KB)

Preview of image 'newt.jpg'