POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : RIB plugin problem: cones! : Re: RIB plugin problem: cones! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:30:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RIB plugin problem: cones!
From: Alexander Enzmann
Date: 16 May 2000 07:28:07
Message: <392131E4.C1F2C818@mitre.org>
Alex Magidow wrote:

> Um, I just made a scene with 66 cones but replacing some sort of hyperboloid
> with a:
> Cone 1 1 360...The details on cones is in the ARMan, I'm pretty sure, but
> don't quote me on it. Perhaps asking on the group might be helpful.

Maybe I should have been more specific - you get cones, but they have to
have a pointy end.  No frustrums.  So, I went the more general route.

> Also, when you export, could you add an option to change the coordinate system
> to Y = up? It really messes up some of my shaders(the sky's horizon ended up
> being on the far right...oops....

To be honest, that would introduce several lines of code into every
place that a prim or texture is exported.  In addition, any transforms
that have to be exported might require some work.  That means
maintaining plenty of code for the sole purpose of toggling output
coordinates.  Just doesn't seem like it's worth the effort.

You either have to design with Y = up (just change the meaning of
front/side/top and rotate your camera 90 degrees...), or modify your
shaders.  Moray doesn't preclude you from designing that way - it just
defaults to a certain orientation.

Xander