POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity and caustics, a test (~100kau) : Radiosity and caustics, a test (~100kau) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 08:18:59 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity and caustics, a test (~100kau)
From: TonyB
Date: 14 May 2000 19:20:21
Message: <391f34b5@news.povray.org>
I've been in the radiosity mood lately, so I decided to do something about
it. Inspired by the recent images of outdoor radiosity by Fabian Brau, I set
to do something similar myself. Then I remembered that I'm not good at
texturing (yet), so I did something simple, then I played with textures a
bit more, and got something better. Two notes:

1) I would like to thank Mark Wagner for explaining the radiosity stuff to
me (or at least getting me closer to understanding)
2) So you know, everything in this scene uses caustics. Everything. Even the
floor. (It took a little over a 1/2 hour to calculate the photons).

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'outdoor-rt.jpg' (71 KB)

Preview of image 'outdoor-rt.jpg'