POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : TorusClutter (145KB) : Re: TorusClutter (145KB) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 08:20:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TorusClutter (145KB)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 12 May 2000 18:17:26
Message: <391c82f6@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" <chr### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
| In article <391C3EBB.727FA7E1@online.no>, tor### [at] hotmailcom wrote:
|
| > I wonder if I can post PNG images to this group?
| > (Is there a policy regarding what file format to use?)

I converted this image earlier to png just to see for myself if you could
have done that and been better off.  Nope.  It was about 3 times the file size.
When in doubt go with least compression/most quality jpeg for this newsgroup.
A png file at last resort would still be good if in the 250KB range (by popular
opinion).
That's assuming you are looking to get across a perfected image "for show",
anything else ought to be uploaded as Chris has already said since that
implies it's ready for the masses anyway.

Bob