POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Question about mesh2 : Re: Question about mesh2 Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about mesh2
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 12 May 2000 10:46:26
Message: <391c1942@news.povray.org>
"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message news:391be37b@news.povray.org...
|   What happens if the 'number_of_faces' value in the uv_indices block is
| smaller than the one in the face_indices block? And if it's bigger?
|
|   (I need to know this for my triangle mesh compressor)

No idea.

|   If you #read something into an identifier, is there any way of knowing
| if it's a float or a string?

Interesting question.  Only thing I'd say is if it were tested by trying to make
it something else, like #declare TestErrorFS=val(WhatIsIt) and getting an error
when it's not a string.
Likewise #declare TestErrorSF=str(0,1,WhatIsIt) when it's not a float.
No good of course to just produce an error if you can't continue to parse.
There's an idea.  Error trapping kind of thing possible or could it be added?

Bob