POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Some Flowers (93kB) : Re: Some Flowers (93kB) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 08:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some Flowers (93kB)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 12 May 2000 16:34:38
Message: <391C6A9F.7AF46435@gmx.de>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> I like them very much - I want some for my little balcony !
>
> How did you do the blue crown(?)-leafs?

The whole Plant is a combination of three L-Systems, one for the bottom
leafes and the stems, one for the blossom-branches and the third for the
blossoms.

the blossom-leafes themselves are made with sPatch, a detail-picture is
attached

For the center, probably a sphere would have done, but i liked the
cylinders.

> And what is a L-System?

L-Systems (Lindenmayer-Systems) are rule based descriptions of geometric
structures, normally in form of a String.  In most simple versions it
only allows to draw lines and turn into different directions.

Most well known program is LPARSER: http://www.xs4all.nl/~ljlapre/

I used a custom program I wrote myself, perhaps I could publish it
sometimes, but it needs some work to be handled by someone who did not
originally program it :-)

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>

Attachments: