POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A picture! : Re: A picture! Server Time
2 Oct 2024 14:15:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A picture!
From: Sigmund Kyrre Aas
Date: 12 May 2000 04:55:01
Message: <391BC6E8.49F5E020@stud.ntnu.no>
Simen Kvaal wrote:

> Wow! Very cool! And funny!

Thanks!
..
> Can I have a guess at the sand? An isosurface with e.g. a plane as a base
> function, then a largely scaled, slightly turbulenced marble pigment
> function added, and then yet a marble added with different orientation
> and/or turbulence?

I'm using pattern image. It is faster to work with than isosurfaces and I
have more freedom with loops and such. Basically it's a bunch of sylindrical
patterns + a spiral for the hf and a marble bump_map.

I've uploaded the source in the binary group. It's probably bigger than you
thought, actually than I thought too.. It was originally 5 different files.

sig