POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Quiz : Re: Quiz Server Time
2 Oct 2024 16:27:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quiz
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 11 May 2000 18:42:08
Message: <391B3738.DD8C695A@online.no>
Warp wrote:

>   Actually it's a bit simpler:
>
> union
> { #declare Angle=0;
>   #while(Angle<360)
>     torus { 1,.04 rotate z*30 translate z*.25 rotate y*Angle }
>     #declare Angle=Angle+15;
>   #end
> }

I knew that it could be done that way.

But I did it my way! =)

Since I'm lazy when it comes to laborious math calculations,
I first defined the important parameters and then let the
macros (which I already had) do the calculations.

And btw:
How would you for instance calculate the dimensions of the
bounded_by shapes if you where to model shapes like the one
I posted in TorusClutter?

For that TorusCluster it was just:

bounded_by { torus { MajR, MinR1 + MinR2 } }
for the "first" level and
bounded_by { torus { MajR, MinR1 + MinR2 + MinR3 } }
for the "second" level

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom