POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eye Logo Final? (~34kau) : Re: Eye Logo Final? (~34kau) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 10:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eye Logo Final? (~34kau)
From: Rune
Date: 10 May 2000 18:22:12
Message: <3919e114@news.povray.org>
"TonyB" wrote:
> > The thin end of the edge is slightly
> > thinner in this version. It makes the
> > logo unbalanced I think. I think it
> > was better in version 2.
>
> Unbalanced? Could it be that you see it
> like that because you saw version 2?
> I'll try a value in between both, to
> see how that works.

I think the thin end it too... what's it called? slight? slender? delicate?
frail? flimsy? One of the words here ought to be the right... Also, it might
vanish in small resolutions.

> > I think it is too bright. It makes the
> > logo unbalanced. Try something in
> > between this version and version 2.
>
> Alright... <mumble> this is what I get
> for listening to Chris Huff... <grumble>

Or maybe I'm the one who is wrong and you'll be mumbling over me...!

> > The phong highlight is tighter in this
> > version. I liked it better in version 2.
> > But now I'm nit-picking!
>
> The only difference is the eye, and the
> camera location. Maybe that's what you're
> thinking about.

Hmm, actually it's probably the darker color that makes the highlight
tighter. Never mind.

> > The eye is slightly wider (or more closed)
> > in this version. I think that is good.
>
> No it isn't. The outer shape hasn't changed
> at all.

The edge has changed from version 2 to this version.
However, after having had a closer look I can see that you're right that it
hasn't been made wider.

> I think you're being fooled by the camera
> or colors, or something...

You're probably right.

> > We could say that the only thing that has
> > to be the same in all the versions is the outline.
>
> That's the idea.

Excellent!

> > That way we could make versions with
> > different colors too. One version could
> > have the colored gradient, while another
> > could have 2 colors only, like in version
> > 1. What do you think of this?
>
> I'm hip with that. I like it with the blue
> colors, myself. :)

Excellent!

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated April 25: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,