POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sphere in Cube Logo : Re: Sphere in Cube Logo Server Time
2 Oct 2024 16:30:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sphere in Cube Logo
From: Rune
Date: 10 May 2000 17:42:17
Message: <3919d7b9@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" wrote:
> > I presume you meant a very low
> > brilliance value?
>
> No, I meant a high value. If you use a
> value of around 15 or more, and have the
> main light source very near the camera,
> the "shading" becomes highly exaggerated,
> there are large areas of nearly flat color
> and the objects have black edges.

This way the object becomes too dark and you still don't get the sharp edges
between black and white.

> > It's a contrast "filter" made inside
> > POV-Ray.
>
> Hmm, an interesting way to do it...the
> same as the "high brilliance" method up
> to the point of the transmitting plane...

Well, the transmitting plane is the whole point...

But as I said, there's a problem in POV-Ray.
If you know or is able to obtain knowledge of how POV-Ray handles transmit
values internally, would you reply to the thread "transmit > 1" in
povray.general? Please?

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated April 25: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,