POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Motion Blur Requests : Motion Blur Requests Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Motion Blur Requests
From: Andrew Clinton
Date: 10 May 2000 16:17:12
Message: <3919C35E.806D8908@ibm.net>
Hello,

I have a request for the motion_blur feature in Mega-PovRay.  It seems
when I place the motion_blur keyword around an object, all the copies
are put into a sort of "fixed union".  The problem is that Pov-Ray is
not able to split this union into the component objects, resulting in an
very slow render when motion blurring a complex csg.  Would it be
somehow possible to allow pov to split the motion blur objects/unions?

Also, it would be really nice if Pov could also blur lights/camera, but
I assume this was not implemented for a good technical reason. I've been
resorting to transforming objects in the opposite direction of motion
when this is necessary, but the code becomes extremely messy!

Andrew C