POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : photon mapping : Re: photon mapping Server Time
2 Oct 2024 10:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: photon mapping
From: Paul Daniel Jones
Date: 10 May 2000 08:18:58
Message: <391953B4.D7D70527@psu.edu>
about 15 minuets to parse (all the photons.....) and about 1.5 hrs to render
at 800x600. I was trying a media version (type 3) but have not figured out yet
how to set it up properly. I either get splotches (not enough photons) or a
system crash (way too many photons....)  trying an intermediate number of
photons gives me a bad image (too brite or too dark etc... but I shall keep
plugging at it :-)

photons are very fun.

-paul

Ken wrote:

> Paul Daniel Jones wrote:
> >
> > This is my first attempt at photon mapping, in general I think that this
> > is ok, although I cheesed out on the floor :-)
>
> PRETTY. (I'll bet that took a while to render!).
>
> --
> Ken Tyler - 1400+ POV-Ray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links:

Paul Daniel Jones
307 Chandlee Laboratory
Penn State University
814-865-2090