POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Facehugger 2 (47kb) : Re: Facehugger 2 (47kb) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 16:30:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Facehugger 2 (47kb)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 10 May 2000 06:59:24
Message: <3919410c@news.povray.org>
Not large enough arrays then (number of sources(?), not size).
'adaptive' could be increased too.
Hmm, just realized now.  If those shadow bands are from one 'area_light'
then that would explain why also.  Very wide separations if so, and that
takes all the more sources in an array to circumvent the mottling when
'jitter' is used.
I had thought you used a large number of really small area lights in there
before.  Wondered why you weren't exaggerating those more to show
soft shadow lines  :-)

Bob