POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Facehugger 2 (47kb) : Re: Facehugger 2 (47kb) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 16:30:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Facehugger 2 (47kb)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 10 May 2000 06:51:03
Message: <39193f17@news.povray.org>
"Peter Houston" <hou### [at] inamecom> wrote in message

| > I really like the scene overall though.  Do you use the adaptive aa or
| just
| > more aa method 1?  Asking because of the jaggies in the diagonal lines.
|
| You've lost me here, I am just using the default aa settings, 0.3 I think.

My mistake.  I should have said recursive aa since both methods are actually
adaptive.
Well, I've found recursive aa, or +am2 as it's known on the command-line,
really helps smooth straight yet diagonal lines (any line running off of vertical
or horizontal).  And even if aa depth (+r5 for example) is raised while using +a0.1
with default sampling method (+am1) it can still tend to be unsmooth.
Your mileage may vary  ;-)  but my favorite settings still are +a0.2 +r2 +am2 for
average renders, and +a0.1 +r4 +am2 for finals if time permits.

Bob