POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Facehugger 2 (47kb) : Re: Facehugger 2 (47kb) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 10:20:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Facehugger 2 (47kb)
From: Peter Houston
Date: 10 May 2000 03:37:35
Message: <391911bf$1@news.povray.org>
Henry  wrote

> If that big gray thing is supposed to be a scanner, I highly doubt that
> it would have pipes extruding out from it which pass _between_ it and
> the patient.

Well its not just a scanner, but a complete med station with all equipment
to hand, but I do agree about the pipes, I'll have to do something about it

> In addition, if it's a scanner, then it probably deserves some funky
> lights on it (if only to light up the patient from above, so the
> physician can see clearly).

I like the idea of it having a light source, I'll try it.  I was going to
add some display light s as well.

> I'm also having trouble trying to visualise where the display is.  Is it
> located 20cm above the patient's head, or is it back about a metre?
> Regardless, it is in a location which would *always* get in the way.
> Why not relocate it to that curved bulkhead-type-thing-with-the-dial?

I'll take a look at it.

> One last thing, about lighting:  You've got a (uniformly and very)
> bright medlab.  Have you considered dimming it down a bit, and making
> the light sources visible?

I tried to get similar lighting as appear in the film Alien, the med lab in
that is bright and the light source seems to be the entire ceiling.  If I
put lights on the scanner I may try lighting the whole scene with just
those.

> Apart from that, I like it.  I especially like the dangling
> pointy-thing.  Maybe I'm just sick.  ;^)
>
> Henry.

Thanks,

Peter H.